Swimway Iron Remover is a sequestering agent that combines with the metallic impurities and keeping these impurities dissolved and invisible which may produce unsightly stains on pool surfaces and can cause colored cloudy water and annoying residues. Iron Remover was developed to quickly remove iron, copper, maganese and high calcium hardness from pool water, which may cause stains or water discoloration. Iron Remover can help prevent scale from forming and can help to remove fresh scale that has appeared on surfaces. This product is compatible with all sanitizing systems.
Iron Remover inhibits the formation of rusty, brown,black or green water and cloudy precipitates in swimming pool water. Most colored pool water problems and stains are due to the presence of metallic impurities, such as iron, copper and manganese salts. These metals may be present in the water used to fill the pool or may come from the corrosive action of acidic pool water (low pH) on metal pipes, filters,pool heaters and pool equipment. Chlorine and the natural exposure of pool water to air oxidizes dissolved minerals and causes them to precipitate (fall out of solution & become visible) and produce unsightly stains on pool surfaces - causing colored cloudy water & annoying residues.
DIRECTIONS FOR USE:
Read entire label and use in accordance with directions and caution statements. Do not mix with other chemicals, always add chemical to water, and never add water to chemicals. For best results apply to water that is above 60 degrees F.
- 1. Backwash or clean filter prior to use. If using a copper/silver sanitizing system or salt generator discontinue or remove system. See your dealer for temporary alternate sanitizing options.
- 2.Adjust pH to 7.5 or higher. If sanitizing with chlorine or bromine, these levels should be at or below 3 ppm. Ideal levels should be around 1 ppm. Avoid shocking pool water for up to 1 week after application.
- 3. Apply product in the evening or at a period of time when the pool is not in use. With the filter system operating, add this product around the perimeter of the pool water at the rate of 1 quart per 10,000 gallons. If staining is heavy or if water is extremely discolored, add 1 quart per 5,000 gallons of water.
- 4. Continuously operate filter system for 48 hours.
- 5. This product may start to work immediately, but may take up to a week to penetrate deeply imbedded stains. Depending on water conditions and amount of metals, scale and other materials present, pool water may turn hazy. This is normal and is an indication that the product is working.
- 6. After 48 hours resume normal pool operation. For pools with sand or DE filters, backwash according to manufacturer's instructions and resume filtering. For cartridge filters, remove, clean and replace the media according to manufacturer recommendations. For best results, use a cartridge cleaning chemical to clean the media before replacing in the filter.
After initial dose, for continued prevention of stains and scale to equipment and pool surfaces: If source of water has more than 2-3 ppm of metals present, add 16 oz. of this product for every 10,000 gallons of water monthly. For pool water that has trace amounts of metals in source water add 3-6 oz. per 10,000 gallons of water monthly.
Harmful if swallowed. Avoid contact with skin or eyes. Wash hands thoroughly and immediately after use. Use this product only in a well ventilated area. When using other product in conjunction with this product, follow the instructions on those products. NEVER mix different products together in the same bottle or pail. Buyer assumes all responsibility for safety and use not in accordance with the directions.
IF IN EYES: Remove contact lenses and flush immediately with plenty of water for at least 15 minutes. Contact a physician if irritation persists. IF ON SKIN: Rinse with plenty of water. If on clothes, remove clothes and wash thoroughly. IF SWALLOWED: Contact a physician immediately. Consume large quantities of water or milk, if conscious. Contains phosphonic acid. IF INHALED:Move to fresh air. If breathing continues to be difficult, give oxygen and contact a physician.
STORAGE AND DISPOSAL
Keep this product near room temperature. Keep this product in its original container and keep tightly closed when not in use. Do not reuse empty container. In the case of a spill, do not put contents back in container. Once empty, thoroughly rinse container with water and dispose of in trash, recycle if available. Do not contaminate food, or feed by storage or disposal.
|Manufacturer Part Number||757Q80|
|Chemical Product Type||Balancers|